Thigh Lift Surgery in Sydney
Thigh Lift Surgery in Sydney
What is Thigh Lift Surgery?
Excess fat and skin is removed and the supporting ligaments of the thigh are re-suspended. This gives a smoother, more toned look to the skin while improving the contours and proportions of the thigh and lower leg.
The thighs are reduced in size by removing loose skin typically present after weight loss surgery or significant weight change using a combination of excision and liposuction.
As a breast and body expert, Dr Kumar has particular expertise in performing thigh lift procedures in Sydney.
Am I a Good Candidate for Thigh Lift Surgery in Sydney?
Thigh Lift Surgery in Sydney may be a great option to achieve a firmer, contoured upper leg area.
The procedure may be appropriate for people who have one or more of the following :
- sagging skin on your upper legs
- unsightly (wobbly) inner thighs
- you have loose, flabby skin around your thighs
- excess skin folds hanging between your legs
- excess skin on your inner or outer thighs and buttocks
- You do not feel confident wearing shorts due to the appearance of your legs
- excess thigh skin after weight loss surgery
- Find loose, unsightly skin runs in your family
BENEFITS OF THIGH Lift SURGERY
What are the benefits of a Thigh Lift Surgery?
- Reduces loose, redundant sagging tissue in the upper leg area
- gives legs a leaner dimension and firmer appearance.
- Reduces loose, sagging or excess skin (skin folds) around the upper inner thighs and outer thighs area.
- an ability to wear shorts and other lower body garments with confidence
Common Questions about Thigh Lift Surgery in Sydney.
Thigh Lift surgery in Sydney, is performed under general anaesthesia and is usually an overnight procedure. You stay could be longer if the procedure is combined with surgery in other areas. There is minimal pain after the procedure and this is controlled with simple analgesia. Dr Kumar only performs this procedure under a general anaesthetic in accredited private hospitals to ensure maximal patient safety and comfort.
- The Incision runs from the groin area to variable lengths towards the knee along the midline of the inner thigh. It is rare for the incision to go beyond the knee. The excess skin is reduced from the inner section of the thighs with the aim for the scar to be well hidden in normal day to day activities
- Dr Kumar uses a unique technique to close the skin using dissolvable sutures followed by a special dressing over the incision. This means that there are no stitches to remove and you can continue daily activities such as showering in as little time as 48 hours after the surgery. This technique has also been shown to produce excellent scar quality once the areas have healed.
- Liposuction is used in combination with Thigh Lift Surgery to remove excess fat primarily from the inner and outer surfaces of the thigh and buttocks. Careful contouring of the underlying tissue allows for a natural, toned result.
- Occasionally, Dr Kumar may suggest Liposuction before proceeding to an excision as a staged procedure. This is usually reserved for legs of a larger girth or if the overall surgery is going to be staged.
- It is inevitable that you will scar after this procedure. However, multiple techniques are available during and after surgery to help minimise this scarring.
- Scars can take from 12-18 months to mature
- The final scarring result can vary from patient to patient. Dr Kumar will show you at your consultation, the range of scars you can expect after a Thigh Lift procedure in Sydney.
Risks and Complications
If you are considering a thigh lift in Sydney, then it is important that you are informed of the potential risks, complications and side effects of this surgery.
While all care is taken to minimise or totally avoid these complications and side effects, complications may and do occur despite the best medical care. It is important that you carefully read and understand the risk factors and they will be discussed in more detail when you have your consultation with Dr Kumar.
The Risks Include:
- Temporary numbness around the incision sites and the inner aspect of the thigh
- Leg Movement may be restricted
- Rarely the skin may not heal and a skin graft may be required
- A blood transfusion may be required
- Seroma (excess fluid ) may accumulate under the skin
- Keloid or hypertrophic scars may form.
Recovery from Surgery
The length of your recovery period will depend on you have had a thigh lift alone or whether you have had any additional body contouring procedures at the same time. The general rule, however, is that you should allow 4-6 weeks for recovery following your thigh lift surgery.
Most patients experience no significant discomfort after the first few days. You will wear a compression garment for 6 weeks after the procedure. This compression garment provides support for the newly tightened skin offering the best environment for a cosmetically pleasing result.
Most patients return to work after 1 to 2 weeks. If your work is highly physically demanding it may take a little longer. You should avoid heavy lifting for 6 weeks.
Most patients are comfortable to drive at 1-2 weeks but everyone heals differently. You must take care to avoid vigorous leg movements while driving for a few weeks and we recommend being aware of traffic conditions and planning accordingly.
Further recovery guidelines will be discussed with you at your consult and given to you as part of your pack following your surgery
Maintaining Your Thigh Lift Results
Good results depend on a collaborative approach and a healthy lifestyle. Please keep in mind that your results from Thigh Lift Surgery may be impacted by fluctuations in your weight, early excessive activity, skin health or Body Mass Index (BMI). No two patients are the same and surgery results will vary from patient to patient. It is important to work together with Dr Kumar to ensure you get the most out of your surgery and results.
Download Our Thigh Lift Guide
This complete guide to Thigh Lift Surgery covers everything you need to know about this procedure, including:
- Thigh Lift surgery explained
- How to assess if you are a good candidate
- The surgical procedure
- Answers our most frequently asked questions
- Before and After Gallery
Thigh Lift Cost
We will also provide information on our Thigh Lift payment plan plus other different ways to pay for Thigh Lift surgery.
Can private health insurance be used?
If you are privately insured then you may be able to use this for thigh lift surgery in Sydney especially after massive weight loss. Your operating theatre and hospital costs, including the post operative stay may then be covered if you have the appropriate level of cover. Medicare and your private insurance may also contribute to Dr Kumar’s fees. You can call your health fund and see if you are covered. The Medicare Benefits Schedule code likely to be used is 30171
Meet The Expert
As a patient of Dr Kumar, you can expect a personalised and positive experience. Along with him, his professional and caring team are there to support you on your surgical journey from your first call to well after you have recovered from your surgery. Working in harmony with you, Dr Kumar and his team strive to provide exceptional results that will leave you feeling proud and confident in your own skin.