Brachioplasty in Sydney
Brachioplasty in Sydney
What is an Arm Lift (Brachioplasty)?
Dr Kumar is one of the premiere Brachioplasty surgeons in Sydney
Am I a Good Candidate for an Arm Lift in Sydney?
Arm Lift Surgery in Sydney may be a great option to achieve a firmer, contoured upper arm area. The procedure may be appropriate for people who have one or more of the following :
- Excess or visible sagging upper arm skin due to weight loss or ageing
- Exercise regularly to tone and tighten the underlying muscles, but this has not helped reduce the sagging skin
- Are at a stable weight and have no underlying health issues.
- Feel self conscious when wearing shorter sleeved garments due to the excess loose skin
- Are considering other body contouring procedures after massive weight loss
BENEFITS OF Arm Lift SURGERY
What Are The Benefits Of Arm Lift (Brachioplasty) Surgery in Sydney?
- Reduces loose, redundant sagging tissue in the upper arm area ( “bat wings” )
- gives arms a leaner dimension and firmer appearance.
- Reduces loose, sagging or excess skin (skin folds) around the upper torso area.
- an ability to wear T-shirts and other short sleeve garments with confidence
Common Questions about Arm Lift Surgery (Brachioplasty) in Sydney
Brachioplasty surgery in Sydney, is performed under general anaesthesia and is usually an overnight procedure. You stay could be longer if the procedure is combined with surgery in other areas. There is minimal pain after the procedure and this is controlled with simple analgesia. Dr Kumar only performs this procedure under a general anaesthetic in accredited private hospitals to ensure maximal patient safety and comfort.
- The Incision runs from the armpit area to variable lengths towards the elbow. It is rare for the incision to go beyond the elbow. The excess skin is reduced from the inner section of the arms with the aim for the scar to be well hidden in normal day to day activities
- If the excess skin extends past the armpit and onto the chest wall, then the incision is extended to incorporate this and the procedure is called an Extended Brachioplasty.
- Dr Kumar uses a unique technique to close the skin using dissolvable sutures followed by a special dressing over the incision. This means that there are no stitches to remove and you can continue daily activities such as showering in as little time as 48 hours after the surgery. This technique has also been shown to produce excellent scar quality once the areas have healed.
- Liposuction is used in Brachioplasty surgery to reduce excess fatty tissue from the under and outer surfaces of the arm. This allows for an easier removal of skin and provides enough laxity to allow for the suturing of the wound at the end of the procedure.
- Occasionally, Dr Kumar may suggest Liposuction before proceeding to an excision as a staged procedure. This is usually reserved for arms of a larger girth or if the overall surgery is going to be staged.
- It is inevitable that you will scar after this procedure. However, multiple techniques are available during and after surgery to help minimise this scarring.
- Scars can take from 12-18 months to mature
- The final scarring result can vary from patient to patient. Dr Kumar will show you at your consultation, the range of scars you can expect after an Arm Lift procedure in Sydney.
Complications and Risks
If you are considering brachioplasty, then It is important that you are informed of the potential risks, complications and side effects of this surgery.
While all care is taken to minimise or totally avoid these complications and side effects, complications may and do occur despite the best medical care. It is important that you carefully read and understand the risk factors and they will be discussed in more detail when you have your consultation with Dr Kumar.
The Risks Include:
- Temporary numbness around the incision sites and the inner aspect of the arm
- Arm movement may be restricted
- Rarely the skin may not heal and a skin graft may be required
- A blood transfusion may be required
- Seroma (excess fluid ) may accumulate under the skin
- Keloid or hypertrophic scars may form
Recovery from Surgery
The length of your recovery period will depend on your specific procedure ( Brachioplasty or Extended Brachioplasty) along with whether you have had any additional procedures at the same time. The general rule, however, is that you should allow 4-6 weeks for recovery following your arm lift surgery.
You will be required to wear a garment that aids in the control of swelling and wound healing for 6 weeks following the procedure.
Most people are back at work from around 7 days post surgery if they don’t require a lot of manual labour. Driving can usually commence after seven days however, Dr Kumar will discuss this with you depending on your circumstances.
Maintaining your Brachioplasty Results
Good results depend on a collaborative approach and a healthy lifestyle. Please keep in mind that your results from Arm Lift Surgery may be impacted by fluctuations in your weight, early excessive activity, skin health or Body Mass Index (BMI). No two patients are the same and surgery results will vary from patient to patient. It is important to work together with Dr Kumar to ensure you get the most out of your surgery and results..
Download Our Brachioplasty Guide
This complete guide to Arm Lift Surgery covers everything you need to know about this proce-dure, including:
- Arm Lift surgery explained
- How to assess if you are a good candidate
- The surgical procedure
- Answers our most frequently asked questions
- Before and After Gallery
Arm Lift (Brachioplasty) Cost
We will also provide information on our Arm Lift payment plan plus other different ways to pay for Arm Lift surgery.
Can private health insurance be used?
If you are privately insured then you may be able to use this for arm lift surgery in Sydney. Your operating theatre and hospital costs, including the post operative stay may then be covered if you have the appropriate level of cover. Medicare and your private insurance may also contribute to Dr Kumar’s fees. You can call your health fund and see if you are covered. The Medicare Benefits Schedule code likely to be used is 30171
Meet The Expert
As a patient of Dr Kumar, you can expect a personalised and positive experience. Along with him, his professional and caring team are there to support you on your surgical journey from your first call to well after you have recovered from your surgery. Working in harmony with you, Dr Kumar and his team strive to provide exceptional results that will leave you feeling proud and confident in your own skin.